Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I hate my voice. But it's not bad when I yell.

I just realized that in the two years I've had this blog, I've yet to post anything I've produced. This. Changes. NOW.

The following spot was produced for Portage Place Shopping Centre during the 2010 holiday season. During this time, they were trying to promote the Globe Cinema, IMAX and Prairie Theatre Exchange all at the same time, calling it the 'Portage Place Theatre District'.

When talking to the client, she said that she was aware that Portage Place definitely wasn't the first choice for people when they wanted to go shopping, and that they've accepted that fact. Instead, they wanted to market the shopping centre as an entertainment hub where people could see a wide array of movies as well as live theatre. They also wanted people to know about their free validated heated underground parking.

I scripted and produced the spot which was approved by the client, and it aired on KICK-FM in December 2010.

Listen to it here:

Mike Choi - Portage Place by chlngch0ng

Writer/Producer: Mike Choi
Client: Portage Place Shopping Centre
Talent: Albertine Watson/Mike Choi

1 comment:

  1. Ya, Mike, who woulda thought you could get away with saying' "woo" in a spot.......and they liked it, they really liked it! Just don't try saying "Balloon Bouquet"!

    ReplyDelete