Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm kind of legitimate.

In my third semester of Creative Communications, each advertising major was assigned to create a promotional campaign for the spunky, charismatic, wild-haired Kitty, owner of Berns & Black Salon on Main Street.


My peers came up with some great creative and strategies for the salon, all of which I'd love to share with you, but if I did, this post would simply be just too long.

After sharing our ideas with the class, our instructor ran the plansbooks down the street to the salon and gave them to Kitty and the staff to flip through, read and cut apart. Kitty was given the task to pick five from sixteen, which would decide who would get to pitch to her and her colleagues.

A week later.

Four talented peers and myself get chosen to pitch our campaigns for Kitty. Nervous and excited, we prepared ourselves for the first real client pitch in our professional careers. Looking sharp, and with sweat collecting on our collective brows, we presented our campaigns to our client.

We pretty much killed it.

She loved our work and she grabbed it all to keep to use in the future when the time was right. Luckily for me, she loved the simplest aspect of my campaign and wanted them produced right away.


These loyalty cards are now being handed out to every Berns & Black client that comes in for a style or cut, and they were made by none other than your modest and attractive narrator.

Funny story. A couple weeks down the line, I went in there for a haircut myself and as I was walking away from the register after paying, they stopped me and said, "Oh, I almost forgot. Here's your 'stache card".

(Snip, snip. The end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment